Sobre o Evento
The technologies we use daily, and we are adopting to foster “digital transformation” can be misused for highly unethical purposes and can present considerable vulnerabilities threatening cybersecurity. This webinar will explore recent cybersecurity and cybercrime developments, to understand how existing initiatives can help coping with cyberthreats.
Panellists will discuss:
• How can technology be misused to threaten fundamental rights?
• How can cyberattacks be attributed to specific actors?
• What does it mean for Brazil to have joined the Council of Europe Convention on Cybercrime?
• What is the UN doing to develop a common understanding of cybersecurity and cybercrime?
• What are the pros and cons of considering cybersecurity, data protection, and cybercrime jointly as it is increasingly happening in South Africa?
Chelsea Manning, NYM Technologies
Ekaterina Martynova, Higher School of Economics, Moscow;
Sizwe Snail, Nelson Mandela University (former Board member of the Info Regulator South Africa);
Andrea Calderaro, European University Institute and Cardiff University;
Smriti Parsheera, CyberBRICS Research Fellow
Luca Belli, Center for Technology and Society at FGV Law School